Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Long Anticipation and Long Flights

Hopefully my time here is more entertaining than my trip getting here. My first and only flight preceding this arduous journey had been a two-hour flight from Pittsburgh to Orlando. Now I had over twenty hours of flights and layovers ahead of me, and this time all by myself. I would be lying if I claimed I was not scared that I would miss a flight, go to the wrong gate, or get stopped by the TSA for just looking too nervous. Step one of the trip was a short half hour flight from Pittsburgh to Washington D.C. which was comfortable and it also helped lower my initial fears- I had already gotten one step right! Then came the worst of the three in getting here: the flight from D.C. to Frankfurt. The first indication that this was going to be much more uncomfortable was the change from two seats a row to three (like most planes) and the fact I initially sat behind my assigned seat.
Luckily, I rectified the situation by noticing myself and avoiding the yelling the man behind me received for attempting to snag a window seat. The worst issue I had on that flight was being two people deep and suffering from a combination of over politeness and apprehension to speak to my neighbors to ask to be let out to stretch and use the lavatory. I also realized that sleeping on a plane was more difficult than I originally conceived, and after a valiant effort- I merely resigned to watch the inflight selection of stand-up comedy. Arriving in Frankfurt, I felt relieved that the longest leg of the ordeal was behind me (for now anyways) and I was close to my final destination; I was only a two hours flight from Malta.

 Flying Over the Alps 

 Still Flying Over the Alps (it's a long trip)

 My First View of the Mediterranean Sea

 Flying Through the Clouds over the Mediterranean

 Flying Past Italy on my way to Malta

 The Most Picturesque View from my Plane So Far of the Sun Beaming off the Blue Waters of the Mediterranean. 

 Random Oil Rig that I Thought Looked Cool 

 My Very First View of Malta's Coast

Another Picture of Malta Below

Touchdown in Malta Luqa Airport!

No comments:

Post a Comment